Tuesday 13 September 2011

Cover Letter in General


Montreal, March 12, 2011


Att.: Mr. Xyz
Company Name
(Title of the person, if available)

Dear Mr. Xyz,

I have the pleasure to enclose herewith my CV for a candidature to the internship posting # 0123 (Supply Chain Management), which was advertised at McGill Career Planning Services.

In May, I will complete my second year in McGill majoring in mechanical engineering. The aerospace field has been my passion for a long time. My previous internships accomplished at renowned banking & retail organizations helped me develop strong time management and organizational skills required in an office. Furthermore, my internship in a regionally recognized mechanic workshop helped me understand and acquire the foundations of physical work.

Not only have I been introduced to the internal working systems/procedures and daily tasks within a dynamic environment, but I also have been acquainted with team working principles and key success factors.

Accordingly, I truly reiterate my interest in an internship opportunity at ‘Company Name’, and would be delighted to discuss it further at your convenience.

I would like to thank you, Mr. Xyz, for your kind consideration,


Sincerely,


Jonathan H. Edwards
Montreal, Qc
+1 (555) 555-1234



This an application letter that I recently submitted. The name of the company/person to whom this letter was written to has been omitted. The post concerned is a 'Supply Chain Manager' in an aeronautics company.


This company is a multinational company that has both offices and factories in Montreal. This is why I talk about my work at offices and at a mechanic workshop. In the case where I do not get the job as a supply chain manager, I show them that I have office experience. This would hopefully not make the HR representative reviewing my application throw my CV away seeing the possibility that I could fit in somewhere else in the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment